Terms and Conditions
First and foremost, welcome to the Peake ReLeaf website. Peake ReLeaf is a Maryland State Licensed Dispensary that believes providing safe access to cannabis-based medicines and therapies.
This means that we strictly adhere to the guidelines for operation specified by the Maryland Department of Health and the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission.
Please visit http://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/home.aspx for more information about the Medical Cannabis Program here in Maryland.
At any time We reserve the right to:
- change the site, including amending, modifying, or discontinuing any information, offers, services, or terms
- alter the terms and conditions of this Agreement, consistent with applicable law
- terminate your use or access to the site, and all services provided by Peake ReLeaf
By entering the website you acknowledge that you may purchase medical cannabis only as a Maryland registered patient over the age of 18, or as a registered caregiver over the age of 21. The Peake ReLeaf website is informational only and by using the website you agree that you cannot and will not try to purchase medical cannabis unless you meet all requirements mandated by Maryland state law.
Passwords that are used for the eCommerce / patient-product portal are for individual patient use only. You are responsible for your password and the security of your password.
The use of any tools, services, or programs used to compromise the security of the website (or tamper with the website services or other patient accounts) is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, password cracking utilities or tools, or tools to compromise network security. We reserve the right to investigate suspected violations of these terms and conditions, and prosecute violations of these terms and conditions, to the fullest extent of the law.
By accepting this agreement, you will not hold the Peake ReLeaf liable for any actions taken by us due to an investigation of a violation of these policies (or due to any investigations conducted by law enforcement).
Logos, Trademarks, Proprietary Content
All logos and trademarks that appear on the Peake ReLeaf website are the property of the company, organization, or party that provided those logos and/or trademarks. Peake ReLeaf, and those aforementioned companies, organizations, and/or parties retain all rights with respect to any respective logos and trademarks appearing on the Peake ReLeaf website.
The content that is made accessible and available on this website, as well as the eCommerce / patient-product portal, is owned, licensed, or otherwise controlled by Peake ReLeaf (or by a third-party where indicated). Peake ReLeaf retains all rights and interest in the content presented on the website.
We will only collect the data requested if patients and users of the website voluntarily submit the information to us. We do not share any information with third-parties except to the extent needed to provide our services, specifically when processing payments on our eCommerce / patient-product portal.
We collect the following information from users that visit our website, through cookies or intake forms utilized on the website or through our eCommerce / patient-product portal:
- Contact Information: Name, Email Address
- Browsing Information: Browser Type, Operating System, Referring Website, Search Engine Keywords
- Additional information relevant to customer surveys and marketing efforts
The information that we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To properly and correctly display content on the site.
- The information we collect allows us the opportunity to improve the patient experience on our website, while also giving us the ability to respond to customer support needs better.
- While allowing us to customize the user experience, the information allows us to use analytics to understand how patients utilize the content and services on our website as a group.
- Additionally, the information we collect may sometimes be used to conduct a survey, inform a promotion, or to send periodic emails or SMS messages to send patients industry-related information, resources, and updates.
We, Peake ReLeaf, only have access to the information that is voluntarily given to us through email, direct contact from you, or is otherwise collected through an analytics platform. We will not rent or sell this information to anyone, or otherwise share the submitted information with any third party unaffiliated with Peake ReLeaf.
You may also opt out of any continued or future contact from Peake ReLeaf at any given time. You may contact us via email@example.com to do the following:
- Alter or correct the data we have about you
- Request a deletion of any data we have about you
- Express concerns about use of previously submitted data
- Gain information about what data we have about you, if any
All information that we receive is hosted in a HIPAA Compliant data point rather than an on-site location, to ensure that your information is secure and guarded against unauthorized access or disclosure.
HIPAA is the acronym for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act that was passed by Congress in 1996. This law has established industry-wide standards for handling health care information for electronic billing (and other industry processes) and enforces confidential handling of protected health information. Medical cannabis falls under this law.
For additional information regarding Health Information Privacy, you may visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/index.html.
Google Analytics Usage and Data Collection
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that works to report website traffic, and provide information about specific actions a user takes on our website. This includes, but is not limited to, a user of our website viewing a specific page on our website, how long they stay on our website, or how often they interact with specific portions of content on our website.
On May 25m 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation will go into full effect. This European Union data privacy regulation consolidates privacy regulations across the European Union and provides more control for individuals in regards to their privacy options.
While Google has worked, and is working, diligently with Data Protection Authorities in Europe and elsewhere, Peake ReLeaf is also taking actionable steps to be compliant with our Google Analytics usage.
To that end, we do the following:
- Audit our data on our website for personally identifiable information. However, Google Analytics is not being used on the separate Peake ReLeaf eCommerce / patient-product portal and is not governed by the same rules. On the eCommerce / patient-product portal we have implemented an extended validation certificate verification that provides encryption and data integrity, extended trust with our patients, and reasonable assurance that their personal data is protected.
- Anonymize your IP address on our website. While your IP address, by default, is not exposed in analytics reporting, Google does use it to provide geo-location data within Google Analytics.
- Allow you to opt out of data collection at any time.